PTA is a national organization with local school units whose mission is to provide a powerful voice for children, be a relevant resource for families and communities and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
The SPE PTA is a recognized group of parents and teachers that work together for the benefit of our school. Taking an active role in your child’s school is critical to their success. Here are eight reasons why joining PTA will greatly improve your child’s education experience:
- It’s GREAT for your child. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school make better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems at school. When parents get plugged in at school, their children do better.
- It’s important to the school. PTA provides support to teachers and administrators, and creates a caring and supportive atmosphere in the school. With all of the budget cuts, schools are becoming more and more dependent on parent groups.
- You’ll get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s going on at the school than to be in the school’s PTA. You will be connected with a group of parents who share a common goal of improving the school for all of the children.
- You’ll make a difference. By volunteering with the PTA, you’ll be able to use your skills for a noble cause – to help create the best educational environment possible for our children.
- You’ll be a role model. You’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well. They’ll see you taking a stand to make education better for them, and chances are they’ll do the same.
- You’ll help raise necessary funds. The PTA raises funds to provide more educational services for children. Fundraisers remain important to improving the quality of the school overall, and parent groups make them possible.
- It’s flexible. The PTA has progressed to meet the changing needs of parents. There are a variety of small ways parents can help and be involved in PTA depending on your availability.
- It’s for every parent. Your voice and opinion matters! It makes a difference when you speak up. Your voice and ideas can help improve the quality of education for your children and their peers.
Please join our PTA and volunteer to join a committee or assist with an event .
The more time you take out of your busy day to become involved with your child’s education, the better. Being an involved parent can be as simple as helping your child with homework or even reading together. You don’t have to make PTA a full-time job to make a difference. However, volunteering occasionally and attending school events really matters. Showing your children you value education will teach them to value it as well.